Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fresh Peach Pie


I got this recipe from one of my new neighbors down the street and it is delicious!


Fresh Peach Pie

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 Tbs. cornstarch
1/2 cube butter

yellow food coloring
1 tsp. vanilla

Cook the water, sugar, cornstarch, and butter over medium heat until thick and bubby. Cook to room temperature (I put it in the fridge to hurry it up while I baked my pie crust) and then add the food coloring and vanilla.



Layer peeled and sliced peaches in the bottom of a baked pie crust (about 3 peaches). Cover with filling and top with remaining peaches (probably about 3 more). Chill 1 hour and serve with whipped cream. Filling makes enough for one pie. Recipe doubles well.






4 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

sounds yummy! I will have to give it a try!

Heather S. said...

It's sitting in the fridge right now. We'll be having it after dinner tonight. Yum!

Heather S. said...

It was yummy

Dancin Queen said...

Glad you liked it!