Monday, October 26, 2009

Shattered Crystal Ball Jello


October is a month of lots and lots of P.A.R.T.I.E.S. All of my husband's family was born in October, as well as my oldest daughter and my mom. So consequently we get together a lot in October, for food and fun and presents!

I was looking through my pictures of all of our parties this morning, and noticed that Isabel had taken a picture of this jello. My kids all loved it (my youngest in particular is a big fan of jello, so we make it a lot)! When I saw this picture, I figured I better put the recipe on here so next year when I go to make it I can find the recipe.

I think maybe I'll make this at Christmastime with red and green jello, and I suppose it can be made anytime of year with whatever color jello you want.

Recipe comes from Taste of Home magazine last year.

Ingredients:

2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) lime gelatin
6 cups boiling water, divided
2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) orange gelatin
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup cold water
1 1/2 c. white grape juice
1 carton (12 0z.) frozen whipped topping, thawed

1. In a bowl, dissolve the lime gelatin in 3 cups boiling water. Pour into an 8 in. square dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. In another bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in remaining boiling water. Pour into another 8 in. square dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until very firm.

2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minutes. Add grape juice. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Pour into a large bowl; refrigerate for 45 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in whipped topping.

3. Cut green gelatin into 1/2 in. cubes and orange gelatin into 1 in. cubes. Set aside 8-10 cubes of each color for garnish. Place 2 cups whipped topping mixture in a bowl; fold in remaining green cubes. Spread into a 13 in. x 9 in. dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Fold remaining orange cubes into remaining whipped topping mixture; spread over bottom layer. Sprinkle with reserved green and orange gelatin cubes. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares.

No comments: